- Single Player
- Slide, Afterburner, and Reverse Thrust are your keys to survival.
- Cargo crates floating around in space are green on your radar in Sol and
purple in the Fringe.
- When rescuing Mishka Shaw, take a wing and have her "escort target." Then,
attack anything that isn't under attack. Mishka can handle one, Pixie can
handle another, and you should take out two. Don't double team with Miska or
Pixie unless that's the last pirate.
- Magellan Shipment: Wait until you can get Plasma Rockets (Bora) or Sunspot
missles (GalSpan) before attempting this mission. Fly ahead of the convoy
and take out as many pirates as possible (they'll appear in purple at first)
before the convoy jumps into the sector.
- The arena is a place to get easy credits.
- BORA, Advance with Courage: There's a landing pad on the upper right of
the starbase with a shuttle on it. After the dialogue finishes, take out the
shuttle before it can launch. The PowerPlant is just above this landing pad.
- BORA, Core Weapon: when picking up the laser core from Baroness Onrald, poke around
her scrap yard. There's at least two other crates out there.
- BORA, A Matter of Virtue: When rescuing the Star Patrol Pilot, take out group Dragonfly first.
Group Gnat is just that - a minor annoyance.
- BORA, Sour Colony: Take Nolt Leiber with you as wing
- GALSPAN, Bonus Incentive Program: When competing with Lakita, use
lasers to take out the drones. Don't bother using guided missles, 'cause they
can outrun them.
- GALSPAN, Color of the Nose: Take A.J. Freesh with you. When disabling Captain Martes's
ship, target the powerplant and launch 2 Sunspot missles. You don't even have
to fly in range of his weapons.
- Master the use of Lateral Thrust. You won't live otherwise.
- See Fringe Station's FORUM,
"Rules of the fringe" for a list of "unwritten" rules.
- To enable cheats, press "7" on the keypad in single player mode to open the
chat window, type "IM A CHEATER," hit enter, press "7" again, and then one of
the following commands:
- QUICKENING - God Mode (Indestructible)
- COME GET SOME - Refill Ammo
- DILITHIUM - Refill Energy
- RAGTAG - All Ships Available
- BOOM STICK - All Items
- ONE MILLION DOLLARS - Extra 5000 Credits
- KESSEL RUN - Enhance Ship
- THERE IS NO SPOON - Return to Starbase for mission win
Hacks are strongly discouraged in Tachyon, with a few exceptions.
See DevilsClaw's site for community